Did you remember to put your pubkey on the box?

Have you set password authentication to on otherwise?

//umar.
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I have just installed ssh (v1.2.27) from the rpms on a machine called
> moby. Ssh'ing to other machines works fine but connecting to
> this machine using ssh keeps getting refused?
> 
> The log gives the message:
> 
> Feb 25 15:53:46 moby sshd[861]: refused connect from
> edwin.phys.unsw.edu.au 
> 
> If I ssh from moby to moby that works ok as well so sshd
> is running nicely there must just be something I am missing.
> 
> I installed ssh on my solaris boxes without a hitch and
> cannot see what is differnt on thei linux (redhat 6.1) box.
> The sshd_config file seems to be fine and I even tried
> specifically allowing access to a machine using the "allow hosts"
> setting just to check if that made a difference.....no success...
> 
> 
> ANy ideas? Is there some trick I am missing?
> 
> Ta :)
> 
> Melinda

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to