yep, I downloaded the source, followed the instructions, voila. 

The only config file I've mucked about with is this;

[root@tartarus]# cat /etc/sshd_config 
        # This is ssh server systemwide configuration file.

        Port 22
        ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
        HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key
        RandomSeed /etc/ssh_random_seed
        ServerKeyBits 2048
        LoginGraceTime 600
        KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
        PermitRootLogin no
        IgnoreRhosts no
        StrictModes yes
        QuietMode no
        X11Forwarding yes
        X11DisplayOffset 10
        FascistLogging no
        PrintMotd yes
        KeepAlive yes
        SyslogFacility DAEMON
        RhostsAuthentication no
        RhostsRSAAuthentication yes
        RSAAuthentication yes
        PasswordAuthentication no
        PermitEmptyPasswords no
        UseLogin no
        IdleTimeout 2h
        # CheckMail no
        # PidFile /u/zappa/.ssh/pid
        # AllowHosts *.our.com friend.other.com
        # DenyHosts lowsecurity.theirs.com *.evil.org evil.org
        # Umask 022
        # SilentDeny yes

As you're just trying to get the damn thing to work, try setting;

        PasswordAuthentication yes
        StrictModes no
        FascistLogging yes

and run sshd with the -d (debug) switch. that should give you more info on
why its not working.

as far as I know, hosts.allow and hosts.deny are only used if you're using
tcpwrappers.

on a separate note, has anyone got SSH2 working under linux 2.2? I couldnt
get the damn thing to work. It was permanently stuck in debug mode, and
wouldnt spawn a separate process when it got a connection. 

regards,
Daniel
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to