Unless you're testing I'd wait off a while.  Netscape 6 is essentially
Mozilla milestone 14 which I have been running as a test... mail client
is quite buggy (alpha), browser doesn't do applets, skins are a bit
slow... promising though.  In general rendering of web pages is
excellent - faster and the appearance of fonts is better;  there is also
improved support for transparent PNG images - though its not full alpha
as far as I can tell... some kind of quantised alpha???


Rick Welykochy wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 
> > Netscape 6 Preview Release 1
> > http://www.netscape.com/download/previewrelease.html?cp=dowsea
> > sorry for the html
>  What HTML? I guess Pine ignored it ;-)
> 
> Sorry ... I wasn't clear enough.
> 
> I have the download URL, and have Netscape 6.0.
> 
> I need the URL of the news article that introduced
> Netscape 6.0 ... the press release. THAT was the only
> place I remember seeing the installation instructions!
> <wierdsville, I know>
> 
> Thanks,
> Rick W
> 
> --
> Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services
> 
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text

-- 
Andrew Dorrell PhD.        Research Engineer
Canon Information Systems Research Australia     Phone: 61 2 9805 2224 
1 Thomas Holt Drive,  North Ryde,  NSW 2113.     Fax:   61 2 9805 2929
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to