"Jeff Waugh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> It worries me that they've use the term "preview release". This
> implies that they're beyond beta - perhaps they should have defined
> it as a "beta preview release". They're getting a fair bit of heat
> for this, as most downloaders expect to see beta quality.

do they?  I don't, I expect beta software to be mostly usable
but still fairly buggy.  It's ridiculous now the way everyone
releases a "beta version".

All these people using "beta" versions of everything (from
netscape to lose2000) are reporting all bugs they find of course?
Cos that's the point of beta versions.

Software (especially "closed-source") should be tested, then go
from beta to a release version and released for general consumption.
It beats me why people consider it a priviledge to get a beta
version, personally I find testing boring and would gladly wait
for a release version.

Dave.
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to