> I've (very) occasionally seen 9-10 KB/s, fairly regularly get around 7,
> most often it's around 5-6. I find it amusing that this is with a Lucent

This apparent speed is actually hardware compression in the modem, or
software compession by the computers. Unless of course you manage this
sort of speed on tar.gz's or the like.

I was under the impression that a 56K modem couldn't physically shovel
random data down a line fater than around 5K a second

Jason

--
GnuPG Key 2450EEDC Jason Rennie<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Key fingerprint = 1A2B 5E34 B45A 2871 A488  99C7 7579 5FFC 2450 EEDC