> Jill Rowling wrote:
>
> Now I'm confused. Do you mean you have to boot solaris first for that
> installer variant to work, or did you mean "supported almost every
> distribution, and even... sun sparc hardware" ?

It supports installing and updating Helix GNOME on Solaris, the OS (only
supported on Sparc, x86 was a twisted idea to begin with). Just like it
would with RedHat, Debian, etc.

Helix GNOME gets an installation channel, and the screenshots I posted the
other week show Debian having a channel. Obviously the other main distros
do, and they're thinking of supporting a Solaris OS updates channel, but not
for sure.

'twill be tres cool. Think - apt-like software with a GUI for every
distribution!

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.