This one time, at band camp, I said:

>So then I read the manpage for make-kpkg and it explained the usage of
>the --added_modules and --added_patches options.

I've given up on kernel-package.  Despite rtfming, the patches are not
being applied, the addon alsa modules are a pain to compile, and worse,
whenever I do an apt update, my new kernel image gets dusted by the
version in the distro.

I can see the advantages of using kernel-package, but I just can't grok
it.  Too much effort required to do something I can do manually in a
shorter time.

--
     Sure, I subscribe to USENET, but I only get it for the articles.
(o_ '