[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ->  What exactly do you find difficult (desktop wise?).
>
> installing software on linux is a pain - compared to windows. - you
> have to find the right file - read a readme - figure out how to
> decompress/run/do somethngt with that file - get a Cd of 3rd party
> software (linux has distros - but they will never answer everything -

I knew I must be doing something wrong. I can never seem to get
installing software to be this complicated. All I do with rpms and
debs is open them in mc and click install or upgrade and it's done
(or do an apt-get install <file> if I don't have it in my zips
directory). Silly really, I'll have to get someone to show me the
complicated/fun way.

Stay well and happy
Heracles