year 11-12 is about getting into uni

upto year 10 is about having basic skills and knowledge.

so no, not really.

computing studies was a course designed to not change
and much omcputing theory doesnt. flow control is still
flow control, be it on an athlon, alpha or atari (that
was kinda cool).

"employable" skills are taught in the lesser course
(comparable to maths in society). Skills such as how
to use a computer etc. If you cant to this then 2+u is
too much

Its not supposed to make unix admins, just teach kids
how to use a computer (assuming zero knowledge, like
every other subject) and giving the smarter kids a
chance to get some understanding of whats going on.

Dean