<quote who="Rodos">

> Just to throw another controversial topic onto the new mailing list
> debate.

Go on then, complicate the issue! ;)

> Could we get a slug-chat or slug-social list if we do end up creating
> another one?

This is a funny one -> almost every time this has come up, we've kind of
half agreed not to, because of the list splitting aspect. I certainly agreed
with that for a long time, but... ;)

I've been chatting to a couple of ILUG people, to find out how they deal
with these kinds of things, and they reckon that their social list has made
the main Linux discussion list heaps better.

I reckon if we created the list, knowing full well that it was going to be a
big mess of craziness, and that a reasonable number of people would join
anyway, it would work. The only little annoying thing would be when
something is posted to the inappropriate list... But we can deal with that.

Rodos - I guess it has to keep coming up until we try it, hey?

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

             make: *** No rule to make target `whoopee'.  Stop.