Jeff Waugh was once rumoured to have said:
> <quote who="Howard Lowndes">
>
> > I agree with this sentiment, but see this as being the precise reason why
> > SLUG should not be fragmented.
>
> Trouble is, we have a pretty heavy list already, and all the time people are
> getting more and more annoyed with the casual fun stuff (the bits they think
> are a waste of time, whilst others might enjoy them).

<proposal>

Solution: We don't split the list, we standardise [and stick to]
message tagging.

If you're posting socially, then make sure you have a [social] in your
subject.  etc.

The same goes for Newbie, etc.

This is *REALLY* easy to filter in procmail and M$ products with
message filtering.

That way everybody gets the traffic, everybody can read it, and those
who don't care can filter those threads into /dev/null with three
lines in a .procmailrc.

</proposal>