A lot of ISP's will lease the IP space to you rather than selling it.  What
you can do is read your contract with the ISP and see if it mentions
allocations of IP space.  You can also check on the APNIC web site
(http://www.apnic.net) to see who really owns the IP space.

Cheers,
Rob

At 18:40 18/04/2001, Alan Lee wrote:
>Hey.
>
>I have two IP address blocks, both are /28's situated in diffrent net
>blocks.
>
>My ISP has requested one of them back, I have had this address rang for over
>a year now.  They say it was given to me by accident, and say its for use
>with 'internal customers'.  Is this legal for them to do?  Ive talked to one
>person, they say they can do this.  Has anyone had this problem before?
>

>Regards, Alan Lee
>

>--

Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a
pen.
This is number 161 of a collection of 1109 quotes.