On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 06:58:06PM +1000, Rob B wrote:
> A lot of ISP's will lease the IP space to you rather than selling it.  What
> you can do is read your contract with the ISP and see if it mentions
> allocations of IP space.  You can also check on the APNIC web site
> (http://www.apnic.net) to see who really owns the IP space.

as far as I'm aware no one actually owns IP addresses, even ISPs,
you just get assigned them as you need them and give them back
when no longer required anymore.  That's the theory anyway
(AFAIK, YMMV and other assorted acronyms) so maybe your ISP
has been asked to give those addresses back to the registry?

Dave.