Thanks guys for the suggestions. I tried the lprng route first. Looks
like it's working now in that I can print emails and print ps files sent
to the printer. Some prob in the apsfilterconfig test.ps though. Info
below.

Andre Pang wrote:
> hmm, bugger.  try apt-get remove gs and apt-get install
> gs-aladdin instead.  (gs-aladdin is a newer version.)  if you're
> lucky, a newer gs will solve those problems :).

OK decided to try that. I apt-get removed gs and installed instead
gs-aladdin, then
re put on gv.

> oh, to make sure that you can actually view the test page okay,
> gv /usr/share/apsfilter/setup/test.ps.  if that doesn't work,
> then nothing will ...

Good point. gv shows any ps or pdf file created by me with LaTeX fine
but barfs on the test.ps supplied by apsfilterconfig. If I try to cat my
own test.ps file to the printer via gs it crshes with a stack error. The
apsfilterconfig still gives the same error below when trying to do the
test page.

Anyhow ignoring the failed test I just did "lpr -Plp myTest.ps" and out
poppped those hellos' I had echoed to the printer followed by my own
test page quite fine so its working.
**** Thanks for the help all :-) *****

> (it's a nice test page when it works!)
Yeah I think thats the one one with the tiger on it?

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 05:58:03 +1000, Michael Lake wrote:
> > Yepo, HP laserJet 1100 takes a ljet4 driver for Ghostscript.
> > After going thru apsfilterconfig and setting it all up with correct
> > settings I get a chance to print a test page :-) goody
> > I get some postscript errors like
> >
> > "Dictionary stack:
> >    --dict:780/809--   --dict:0/20--   --dict:89/200--   --dict:16/23--
> > --dict:780/809--"
> >
> > followed by...
> >
> > do {"Unrecoverable error: Unrecoverable error: execstackoverflow in
> > Unrecoverable error: Unrecoverable error: execstackoverflow in
> > Unrecoverable error: Unrecoverable error: execstackoverflow in
> > Unrecoverable error: Unrecoverable error: execstackoverflow"
> > while(1)
> >
> > Ummmm?

Mike