On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 11:59:51 +1000, Michael Lake wrote:

> > oh, to make sure that you can actually view the test page okay,
> > gv /usr/share/apsfilter/setup/test.ps.  if that doesn't work,
> > then nothing will ...
>
> Good point. gv shows any ps or pdf file created by me with LaTeX fine
> but barfs on the test.ps supplied by apsfilterconfig. If I try to cat my
> own test.ps file to the printer via gs it crshes with a stack error. The
> apsfilterconfig still gives the same error below when trying to do the
> test page.

ah, well that'd be the problem.

when you run 'gv test.ps', gv invokes gs to format the test.ps
page.  for whatever reason, your version of ghostscript can't
read the test.ps file.  maybe you've got a dud version of
ghostscript, or your test.ps file is corrupted.  mine looks like
this:

    15:48 bozar:/usr/share/apsfilter/setup% ls -l test.ps
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       176784 May 25  2000 test.ps
    15:48 bozar:/usr/share/apsfilter/setup% md5sum test.ps
    0802862bd15977f946bd3fec4612d597  test.ps

you might want to check that you have the correct test.ps file.
(i've got apsfilter 6.0.0-1 installed from woody.)

glad to see that you got the printer working outside of the
apsfilter test page, though!

--
#ozone/algorithm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          - trust.in.love.to.save