begin Laurie Savage quotation:

> Try Kmail with or without fetchmail, it's a pretty nice combo and
> fetch mail will check your POP3 server as often as you like. (I use
> fetchmail on the machine to download all our mail accounts and users
> use whatever they like (Pine, Kmail, Balsa is less popular because of
> some peculiarities and I haven't been able to work out
> Aethera+fetchmail)

Say:  I happen to have been keeping a list of open-source GUI MUAs (mail
clients) for Linux, as part of an essay I have for LUG founders:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/essays/newlug.html  (item #23).  Here they
are:

http://sylpheed.good-day.net/  Sylpheed
http://devel-home.kde.org/~kmail/  KMail
http://mahogany.sourceforge.net/  Mahogany
http://www.newton.cx/balsa/main.html  Balsa
http://www.tarball.net/postoffice/  Post Office
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/aethera/  Aethera
http://ximian.com/products/ximian_evolution/  Evolution
http://muhri.net/pronto/  Pronto
http://spruce.sourceforge.net/  Spruce

Suggested additions are always welcome.

--
Cheers,            "Please return all dogmas to their orthodox positions."
Rick Moen                                 -- Brad Johnson, in r.a.sf.w.r-j