<quote who="Minh Van Le">

> Is there any hardware traps I should look for (eg. onboard/offboard
> mainboards) that prohibits 3 or 4 regular nics to be used under Linux ?
> Is there a particular brand/type of mainboard/nic combo I should get ?

Plug them in, and they'll work. You'll only be caught out if you have a
dodgy motherboard with too many onboard devices (for any kind of server,
integrated is a bad idea).

> Also afaik there're problems with the NetGear FA311s with 2.4.x ? and
> people have suggested use of FA310s instead. Is this true ?

Get Intel EtherExpress cards or Tulips (chipset, not brand).

> What's the difference between OEM and Retail pricing ?

You don't get pretty manuals, and seldom disks.

- Jeff

--
      "In addition to these ample facilities, there exists a powerful
       configuration tool called gcc." - Elliot Hughes, author of lwm