> The big problem is that magical word "support",  If MYOB don't support
Linux
> and the customer has problems with MYOB on linux, then MYOB can (and do)
say
> "sorry it's your network, not our software".

I think that this problem is a bit of a myth. Experience with these software
vendors shows that they can all to readily blame your network anyway. Often
the client will get best support if you troubleshoot the problem yourself
(being familiar with the entire setup) rather than some lame MYOB tech who
only knows about the MYOB manuals. Running a Linux server probably just
means you get involved a bit earlier in the support process. I'm pretty sure
a recent version of samba can pretty much completely emulate an NT 4 file
server barring some domain controller functions. Just tell you client to
call you first then MYOB second - you should be able to tell the difference
between an MYOB problem and a network problem. Hey if they get really stuck,
get em to call us :)

Thanks,

Dave