On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:55:52PM +1100, Vince Meissner wrote:
> To clarify,  I am looking at using samba not the netware emulator.
> The other reason for upgrading is that they have reached the user limits of
> their netware licence and will need to upgrade regardless (25 user, NW 4.10)
> so removing load from the existing server will not be a solution.
>
> The big problem is that magical word "support",  If MYOB don't support Linux
> and the customer has problems with MYOB on linux, then MYOB can (and do) say
> "sorry it's your network, not our software".

... and historically they would have been right.

The issues of MYOB and Samba has been discussed on this and most every other
Linux and Samba mailing list.

In the past there have been a number of issues with Samba and MYOB, ranging
from inability to run MYOB in multiuser mode up to corruption of data files.
These issues have been solved by patches to Samba.

Even if these issues have been resolved, cant you see why MYOB wouldn't want
to support Linux?

  Scott.