<quote who="DaZZa">

> Given that potato was 3 ISO's, and the woody beta I downloaded on the
> weekend was 8, I'd say signifigantly more than 10-20% for bloat. :-)

Note that there's absolutely no reason to download all of the CD's. Trying
to distribute the entire Debian archive - even for a single architecture -
on hard media is very close to pointless.

You don't need it for installation; and after that, everything is available
via your local mirror. I personally use a 180MB ISO for installs.

The available packages for Debian don't indicate bloat. They indicate a very
large, distributed developer base and a lot of hard work.

- Jeff

--
                           No clue is good clue.