<quote who="DaZZa">

> It'd be nice if Dabian _said_ that somewhere. Nowhere on the site does it
> indicate you don't need all the disks.

Pretty sure it says it in the install guide.

> Yes, it indicates you can do a minimal install from a small ISO, and get
> the rest from the net - but it's a _big_ assumption that anyone who
> installs Debian will have net access to get the rest of the packages every
> single time they install.

Funny thing is, last time I downloaded Red Hat, I didn't realise I *had* to
have both CD's. It makes far more sense to me to have the distribution work
it out for itself.

Debian has a very effective system (and package: popularity-contest) for
working out what should go on the first CDs.

> > The available packages for Debian don't indicate bloat. They indicate a very
> > large, distributed developer base and a lot of hard work.
>
> My my, you _are_ defensive, aren't you Jeff?

Yes, but no one has even mentioned my nose yet.

- Jeff

--
    "Orphaned farm-boy hero helps save world against bad-guys, begins a
   journey of self-discovery, and makes interesting friends. Passable." -