On Tuesday 24 June 2003 22:05, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 13:03, Robert Tillsley  wrote:
> > aarnet
> > au.debian.org
> > and while trying to work out what I was doing, Dinesh (also on this list)
> > gave me
> > ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian for
> > when I was looking to download jdk.
>
> More helpful to see the actual lines, because they contain more
> information. :-)
>
> > Looking on the debian site, it looks like what I currently have is the
> > last stable version. Does this mean that what I need to do is to add an
> > unstable source to my sources.list?
>
> Preferably not - what you'd really want is a source for a woody version
> of the jdk. I'm not sure where to get that, or what your current source
> is (please post the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list), but that sounds
> like the problem.

Must admit, I was hoping to avoid that as I'm emailing from a different system
and its going to be a bugger to type out. Hmm, perhaps its time to see if I
can mount my usb flash drive... I'll post this to the list in a sec to see if
you can spot a flaw.

In between emails I added the unstable ftp.au.debian and then it did update
debconf, (well its downloading now) so not sure if this will help or
complicate matters.

Rob T