On Wed Mar 31, 2004 at 14:41:15 +1000, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 16:38, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>>  <hfl>
>> I guess there are a few of out there that will be needing some legal
>> opinions on this one and some re-defined acceptable practice
>> conditions.  It looks like a minefield.
>> </hfl>
>>
>> http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1077250.htm
>>
>> The New South Wales Government is moving to outlaw bosses spying on
>> workers' emails, unless they have a court order to do so.
>
>My first thought is "so what?  get back to work".  It's the company's
>time and money, etc.
>
>But then in light of the Wesco stupidity comes the thought of a person
>stalking another using their position in the company...  It might be a
>manager that's wasting/misusing the company's time and money, etc.

Wow, I'm amazed at this `workers as slave' mentality people have.  I
would not like to work in an office, or for a company, with such
policies, it sounds like a depressing, draining, stressful environment
to work in. (I'd wonder how productive/creative a bunch of stressed
out and depressed emplooyees would be anyway.)

Does anyone on this list really want to work in this kind of environment?

Cheers,

Benno