On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:26, David wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Benno wrote:

> It's like everything else... in the end management has to create an
> environment where work WILL get done. At my place there is a clear policy
> (set by me) that says you play all you like as long as you don't stop
> yourself or others working. It works moderately well. Use of the net is a
> perk of the job, like the cappucino machine.

In the dim and distant past I was in the motor trade and used to deal
with a large trucking company who had their own maintenance workshop.
If the boss found his mechanics sitting in the middle of a clean shop
playing cards, without a truck in sight, then he paid them a bonus, as
it meant that all his trucks were out earning money.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>