On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 09:03, Rajnish Tiwari wrote:
> As I look at the editor everyday, I wonder if there is a more
> 'pleasant' looking fixed width font on both linux & solaris ?
> (I aim to keep my NEdit preferences similar).

When I asked this on the #slug IRC channel a few years ago I was pointed
to neep. It's very nice and quite legible at small sizes. I use it now
for all my terminals and editors.

The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't scale to very large
sizes terribly well, so I resort to a truetype font when I'm giving
talks or demos. Oh, and neep has a very strange ampersand (one of those
back-to-front 3s with a vertical strikethrough) that takes getting used
to. You may prefer neep-alt, which has a more regular one.

http://www.jmknoble.net/fonts/ has screenshots, rpms and tarballs. It's
also packaged for Debian, in xfonts-jmk.

Cheers,
--
Pete