Matthew Palmer said:
>> I am setting up a Samba domain and would like to make it an AD look
>> alike,
>
> That's some low ambitions you've got there.  I'd expect you to be able to
> pull off something *much* better than AD...
>
> Setting up the server is fairly straightforward these days, and hooking
> clients up to it is a piece of piss.  On the UI side, I've worked with
> ldap-account-manager (AKA lam) and it's pretty good, and I've recently
> heard
Thanks for that, you have just jogged my memory, i read it all when
looking at setting up an OpenLDAP server at work - have decided toinvest
in a pre-built appliance server instead (all OSS based, but pur together
much better than I can do), but the organisation doesn't have that sort of
money. Good now I know where to go and read about it.

Cheers,

--
Simon Bryan
IT Manager