Check out the Mepis and Ubuntu "live" CDs.

(Especially Ubuntu.)

My Dad stayed over at my place last night, and without any instruction
from myself happily found his way into card games and various
applications on my PC. (I'm running Ubuntu "Hoary Hedgehog" at home.)

Ubuntu has a lovely interface configuration/design. I can't recommend it
highly enough, and it has become the distribution I'd foremost recommend
for client machines. My only concern would be that some functionality
does require some user intervention and know-how. (There is an
unofficial web-page that I find very helpful - may be off-putting to a
novice though. Sorry I can't remember the address off the top of my
head.)

> - Jeff (who works on Ubuntu, which may reflect some element of bias)

Hey - Gotta love any organisation that'll give away a nice debian-based
distro on CDs at their expense.

Regards,
Michael Kraus
Software Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Direct Line 02 8306 0007

Wild Technology Pty Ltd , ABN 98 091 470 692
Sales - Ground Floor, 265/8 Lachlan Street, Waterloo NSW 2017
Admin - Level 4 Tiara, 306/9 Crystal Street, Waterloo NSW 2017
Telephone 1300-13-9453 |  Facsimile 1300-88-9453
http://www.wildtechnology.net
DISCLAIMER & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this email
message and any attachments may be confidential information and may also be the
subject of client legal - legal professional privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this
material is unauthorised and prohibited.   This email and any attachments are
also subject to copyright.  No part of them may be reproduced, adapted or
transmitted without the written permission of the copyright owner.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return
email and delete the message from your system.