LA is good suggestion, though I couldn't search the archives of Linux-aus
unless I downloaded the entire 19MB archive
http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/linux-aus/

and Software Freedom Day archive are  not available for list page
http://lists.linux.org.au/listinfo/sfd

I searched for "returning windows software" in Slug
not much came up

"windows refund" is much better. Lots of juicy stuff to keep me occupied.

thanks