Russell Davie wrote:

> LA is good suggestion, though I couldn't search the archives of
> Linux-aus unless I downloaded the entire 19MB archive
> http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/linux-aus/
>
> and Software Freedom Day archive are  not available for list page
> http://lists.linux.org.au/listinfo/sfd
>
> I searched for "returning windows software" in Slug
> not much came up
>
> "windows refund" is much better. Lots of juicy stuff to keep me occupied.

Please keep us informed on how this goes. I'm not too far off
getting myself a new laptop and I will be shopping at one of
the places that will pre-install Linux. I will also be asking
the vendor to completely wipe windows from the machine and
providing me with a signed letter saying that they did just that.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo