On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 10:04 +1200, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:

> When this group decided to advertise itself as a Linux user's group.  Linux
> is
> GPL, not Open Source.  Open Source allows restriction, GPL works decidedly
> against restriction - they are aligned by accident in some ways, and
> diametrically opposed in others.

While I understand the difference I don't want to confuse others and I
definitely would hate SLUG to start down this track.  SLUG, in my mind,
is about supporting Open Source software, regardless of license.

We support SSH queries all the time, and guess what it is BSD license.
Often these queries are about connecting to and from other platforms
than Linux.

I am happy to educate Programmers on the subtle difference but seriously
a Linux user should not have care about the subtleties of licensing.

--
Ken Foskey
FOSS developer