On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:43, James Purser wrote:

> <snip useless anti MS drivel>

"useless" and "drivel", eh?  Thanks for that opinion.

When I last lived in Sydney, I shared a house with several other fellows.  We
got on well for several months, although this one who arrived after me had
rather poor manners - he was the center of his universe.

And then I found out he and another fellow were using speed -
methamphetamines.

At the same time there were several stories in the news about how drive-by
shootings among some drug gangs had caught some bystanders as well.

Why were those gangs shooting at each other?  Money.  If it wasn't for the
money to be had, they wouldn't be competing for the market.

So, those two people in that house were paying others to shoot at each other,
and hit bystanders instead.  No money, no shooting.

Just because they only thought of themselves, that doesn't change the effect.
The link is real.  No money, no shooting.

Why do you think MS is still around?  They are convicted now in several
countries of cheating and breaking the law.  Do you think they do it out of
altruism?

It's the money.  If people don't give them money, they will go away.

If MS goes away, there will be a HUGE effect on Linux, and the Unixes, and
Apple, etc.

And if people took into account the effect of their spending on their
neighbors in their community, there would be a huge effect on Linux, the
Unixes, and Apple, etc.  I won't pay money to criminals - they just keep
coming back.

So, it's "useless", and "drivel", eh?  Nasty words.  How do you reckon so?

Since you passed that judgement on me, perhaps you'd care to justify those
words?  In public, where you wrote them.  If you've thought it through, and
are correct, it should be easy to write it down where we can all decide what
we think of your argument ourselves.

Regards anyway,
Bret