<quote who="Mary Gardiner">

> Background: my normal mail setup uses Postfix on my laptop to send
> outgoing mail. My university has blocked all outgoing ports except 80 (and
> they may have a transparent proxy in front of that) and 443 on their
> wireless network. My laptop cannot contact its normal mail servers on any
> port. (I happen to run those servers, but I already have processes
> listening on 80 and 443 on the relevant servers!)

Is there a (non-transparent) proxy you can get to on the network? Does it
allow you to CONNECT to non-80/443 ports? I imagine it won't, but it's worth
a try. You might want to try corkscrew ("tunnel TCP connections through HTTP
proxies") with ssh in order to test this. :-)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2008: Istanbul, Turkey                         http://www.guadec.org/

                           No clue is good clue.