On Sat, September 18, 2010 3:37 pm, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> "Voytek Eymont" <li...@sbt.net.au> writes:
>

> That will not help unless you rebuild Cacti to use the older version of
> RRDTool.  (Also, are you /sure/ it is RRDTool and not something else in
> the Cacti stack that causes the performance problems?  RRDTool is
> crazy-efficient, so I wouldn't pick it as the first point to suspect.
> OTOH, if you measured it
> and found it was the cause then you measured it and all. :)

Daniel,

thanks

Cacti has a setup screen where path to binaries like rddtool can be entered;
when I first struck this problem, I retrofitted RRDT 1.2 to the Celeron
system, and Celeron machine with RRDTool 1.2x outputs pages faster than
with RRDT 1.4;
in fact, Celeron with 1.2x outputs pages faster than P4 2.8 with RDDT 1.4

I thought the issue was again lack of math co-pro, and, will 'go way' on
the P4, initially, Cacti was using RRDTool 1.2x, then after a yum update,
it got 1.4, I 'fixed' the path in setup, but, a screen draw is painfully
slow now, based on what I found on the Celeron system, it seems it's
similar issue

so I though I should install RRDT 1.2 to /usr/local/bin, and, specify
that, and, let RRDT 1.4 stay as is,

but, rather than copying the binaries, I'll try the configure/make path

--
Voytek