On 05/12/12 21:24, pe...@chubb.wattle.id.au wrote:

... If it works with an external monitor, get yourself an xterm or similar
and type xrandr ...

Thanks, that shows "LVDS1" and "VGA1" connected, so the X server thinks the LCD screen is operating.

Type xrandr --output LVDS --auto and it should come good ...

No, still no image on the laptop LCD, just the back-light. So I guess it must be a hardware problem. I will check with Kogan.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/