Jeremy,

Yes, more than enough .

But, If you wanted to ask 'so who is the real idiot?', well, the answer is
clear it's me.

In my defense, I've dealt with these people for well over 10 years, though not
for hosting, and, the vps performed adequately for 1.5 years, with only 1
glitch I think.( though the Win MS SQL server was a joke from day 1, I guess I
should've learnt from that debacle)

Two weeks into this incident, today got this:
-------------------------
Please find attached our IR for the most recent issue we experienced with our
infrastructure.
The issue experienced was directly related to maintenance work being conducted
on the underlying storage.
As a result maintenance tasks have been reviewed to ensure the do not create
excessive load that will be visible to the customer environment.
In addition it has also become clear that customers may also be able to
generate high IO load in a similar manner to this maintenance with the
potential to affect other clients systems. As a result we have now implemented
hard IO limits on all VPS in the cluster (200IOPS)

If you would like any further information please respond to this email.
VPS Service Desk

Thanks again to everyone