Hi Nils,

> Though I still see the issue that the battery applet does not work, i.e.
> it always displays the charging symbol (flashing "+"), regardless if
> externally powered or not. On a commandline "apm" tells the correct
> state and values (again GTA01V4).

Yeah, the power class device seems broken for 01. That's a kernel thing
i'm afraid.

> Apart from that I also miss the auto-upping of the usb-net interface
> that used to work with MS4.1.

This is supposed to work -- it does with 02. Again probably a kernel
thing.

> As a side note, I tried to figure out a minor issue I found with
> suspend/resume... when suspending something changes to text-console
> before actually suspending the device. I think this is not necessary
> with GTA01, maybe it is with GTA02. Where could I possibly disable this?
> I could not find any suspend script doing that. I think it would simply
> look nicer (so it is just cosmetics) if the screen would not change to
> textmode before being switched off (same for the reusme case first
> shwoing the text console and then the GUI). And it may also speed up
> things a little...

I agree and I'd love to see that as well. It's a ... drum-roll... kernel
thing :) At some time in kernel 2.5 the console suspend/resume code
gained the infamous property to change to a dedicated VT where the
suspend/resume progress gets output. Garmin once released sources for
one of their Linux-based PMN devices where they patches this away --
perhaps you find this or can patch it out on your own. We'd be
interested.

Cheers,

:M: