> I agree and I'd love to see that as well. It's a ... drum-roll... kernel
> thing :) At some time in kernel 2.5 the console suspend/resume code
> gained the infamous property to change to a dedicated VT where the
> suspend/resume progress gets output. Garmin once released sources for
> one of their Linux-based PMN devices where they patches this away --
> perhaps you find this or can patch it out on your own. We'd be
> interested.

OK, I can confirm now that the VT switch disappears with the kernel
config change I posted earlier.
Though of course this also eliminates the kernel startup messages on the
screen. But well, they are flying by that fast that I doubt anyone is
really able to read them. Suspend/resume is much faster now.

> Cheers,
> :M:
Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48  Fax: +49-271-771091-19