g...@ergoarte.ch schrieb:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:25:28PM +0100, Nils Faerber wrote:
>> As a side note, I tried to figure out a minor issue I found with
>> suspend/resume... when suspending something changes to text-console
>> before actually suspending the device. I think this is not necessary
>> with GTA01, maybe it is with GTA02. Where could I possibly disable this?
>> I could not find any suspend script doing that. I think it would simply
>> look nicer (so it is just cosmetics) if the screen would not change to
>> textmode before being switched off (same for the reusme case first
>> shwoing the text console and then the GUI). And it may also speed up
>> things a little...
>
> Check your kernel log-level. I'm not sure if it won't change to textmode
> at all with loglevel=0, with higher level you see kernelmessages scrolling.
> See the wiki-faq under "why is suspending so slow" or something like
> that.

Well, to some extent it is a little faster now but still it switches to
framebuffer text console and I think that the loglevel does not cause
this (it simply limits the kind of printk()s actually hitting the log
device).

Anyway, good thinking!

> Gyelt
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de