On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 03:46:27PM +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> But there are a few issues, and the other point of this email is to
> summarize them.

> 1. Sometimes fails to send SMS.
> 2. Sometimes fails to show new incoming SMS.
I also got reports from other users via mailinglist, but no
logs/traces. I don't have enough time to debug it myself.

> 3. Sometimes fails to suspend.
This is interesting, I can't remember other users reporting this
one. Any logs on this one? What happens?

> I'll raise bugs and report more details as I have them.  (In fact I
> haven't even checked for existing bugs yet.)  I believe (for anyone
> else investigating these) the relevant logs are /tmp/zhone.log (which
> is generated by default) and /tmp/frameworkd.log (which requires
> editing /etc/frameworkd.conf so that "log_to = file".  Note that these
> disappear on shutdown, so you have to save them off somewhere.

I will enable default 'log to file' for frameworkd in the next config
package ;)

> Of course zhone is only supposed to be a demo UI, and I am interested
> in writing different UIs in the future.  But zhone is actually quite a
> nice UI, so I'm sure that it's worth addressing its bugs, both for
> itself and to serve as better reference code for future UIs.

You can also try shr UI, which I packaged some time ago, but it's
not yet stable. Probably it's best to wait for the new config
package before trying :)

-- Sebastian