Hello again,

Still trying to get zhone reasonably stable under debian, I'm finding that about 4 times out of 5 fso-abyss fails to allocate a channel. I'm not sure whether restarting framework makes a difference or whether it's just persistence that does the trick but just trying over and again to restart framework then restart zhone sometimes seems to work.

I'm wondering whether it isn't because I'm still using ousaged, since I see the message about it being deprecated in the framework log. So I tried changing to fso-usaged by putting something like:

[ousaged]
disable = 1

into /etc/frameworkd.conf but then things get even worse. The framework log file shows lines like this:

2009.11.29 11:22:12.536 frameworkd.resource  WARNING  Can't register resource
GSM since ousaged is not present. Enabling device

(for all devices not just GSM) and zhone blocks with waiting on dbus message.

Can anyone explain what might be happening, or even more usefully how I might go about debugging this stuff?

Cheers,
Jonathan