In a message dated 10/31/2003 10:09:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

When my girls were like....  six and three years old...  I dreaded
going out to eat with them.... I was embarrassed.  Food everywhere
crawling under the table etc.
We tried to keep them in line, but it was hard.... Now they are *much*
better.....  My wife had the attitude that they were just kids....
relax....  I kind of adopted that
attitude... It took awhile...  I know what Angela means by wishing that
a parent would whip a kids ass, but I honestly am more bothered at a
restaurant when a
parent loudly is pecking at every wrong move a kid makes....  I just
laugh at the kid.... (unless it is mine  :) )  The parent is the one
that I get sick of listening to.

thats a good point