Well I said it was possible he misjudged.  However, if the sandhill was so close to the road that he could accidentally get into the road then he shouldn't have been playing there.  That is the parent's responsibility to see that he is not playing in an unsafe manner.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 12:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] FL. Boy fined on bike

In a message dated 11/6/2003 11:58:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Exactly right I don't agree with you on that point .  I do agree that it wasn't necessary to involve the police.  But I do think the parents should impose some form of punishment to insure that he doesn't play that close to the road in the future.

I never said he should go unpunished, just that he didn't need to be written a citation.  It should have been handled adult to adult.  Just because it's an accident doesn't mean there should be no consequences.

and that would be fine if he was playing close to the road on purpose. but i believe it was you earlier who said he misjudged the jump and ended up where he did?  so in reality hes not gonna get punished for being too close hes being punished for misjudging a distance.  and i dont see how a punishment is gonna keep him from misjudging again in the future