Overcoming the Urge to Splurge

Are you wrestling with the urge to splurge on junk food? You have two choices: Either indulge yourself and make up for it later, or figure out a way to work through the temptation. One Beachgoer shares her strategy for staying on the wagon:

"When I quit smoking about 20 years ago, I was able to cope in the following way, and I think it might work when a cookie is calling your name: Change your environment-that is, get up and walk away. You might want to put something legal in your mouth to help the cravings, but then go into another room or walk around the block. And while you are walking, remember why you are doing this to begin with! Picture yourself in that dress that you are longing to wear, or the bathing suit or the skirt. Just get through those difficult 10 or 15 minutes as best you can!"
-Member 36521112982