On Friday, August 20, 2004, 11:20:44 AM, Vivek wrote:

VK> On Aug 20, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Jorge Asch wrote:

>> Well, since 100% of my users speak english/spanish I can safely bet
>> that NONE of my mail should have strange character sets. So I can
>> assume if they do, they must be spam.

VK> Be careful about that.  I've gotten pure English email from folks in
VK> various parts of the world who's default character set was other than
VK> one I'd expect.  Charset != Language.

Along these lines, I saw spam today that was in english but used one
of the character sets that were recently blocked by request (Only
locally - no such thing will happen in the core system so nobody has
to worry).

I violently agree - blocking on character sets can be dangerous, so if
you request these rules to be added be sure you watch for unexpected
false positives afterward. ;-)