Mark,

Thanks for the suggestions--the one thing I forgot to mention is that I have other JSP apps working fine; the only one that's unhappy is Soap. That is, I already had Tomcat & Apache playing together (never mind how long that took :-|); what I'm trying to do is add Soap to a working set-up. I do have Tomcat listening on 8080 (I've always found that useful myself).

I was afraid that my set-up might be working incorrectly because of the fact that the Soap .war file was apparently built with a 1.3 version of the JDK--but I suppose that would have given me some exceptions rather than the bland message I got.

Thanks,

John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

John,

One thing that greatly helps me debugging Tomcat/Apache configs is to allow
Tomcat to listen to its own HTTP port. If you can access the resource
(servlet, jsp, whatever) directly from Tomcat then the problem is with the
Apache-Tomcat connection. Tomcat should listen to port 8080 by default.
Once you have the configuration straight then comment out the HTTP configs
in Tomcat's servlet.xml file or, if it's a development box just leave it for
later debugging.

Also, I usually put a silly "Hello World" jsp in my webapps directory
wherever I think I'm having a problem. First I put it in the ROOT context
to see if I can access it there. Then I'll move it around until I get the
Resource Not Available error.

Simplifying helps target the error and its scope.

Good luck,

-Mark