From: Simon Van Leeuwen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 12:36 PM
To: John
Cc: RCSE
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Lithium Ion batteries

Very different technology;

The charge algorythms used within cellphones and other personal equipment
are
locked down to the cell-count for that device, with other safegaurds.

The original question about using Lithium technology for sailplanes, at the
moment it does not warrant their use for a couple of reasons. First the form
factor, those cells which would adequately meet the current demands are
relatively large (18650 - 18mm dia x 650mm length). Although the size of
prizmatics would fit our current moldies, they offer no where NEAR the
required
current demands due to their internal structure.

I suspect the poster who used Lithiums in his sailplane was able to do so
because the aircraft's size allowed it...

Simon Van Leeuwen
PnP Systems - The E-Harness of Choice
Radius Systems
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Quoting John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I wonder if all the people that are still so worried about charging Li-Ion
> batteries are charging all the cell phones in the family outdoors in an
ammo
> box. :>)  No different technology.
>
> John

and
> "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with
MIME