A very good answer Mike!
I have been wanting shorter lines in F3J since 2002...
But I have to go with the pack as the CIAM meeting said no this year to
shorter lines.

But to me it seems like more and more competitions in US are now both
shorter lines and group scoring?
That sounds like a good and good way to go for me.
I like a good thermal contest. Maybe pilots will beat me more often but
that's cool.

Hilsen (regards) Jo Grini
Gamleveien
2910 Aurdal