Since I live near the Airtronics headquarters in SoCal, I hand-carried in my
months-old RD6000 TX for warranty service yesterday.  It malfunctioned over
the weekend and wrecked a new HLG, but that's another story.

I called ahead, then arrived at about 1:30 PM and AMAZINGLY it malfunctioned
on the spot for the tech.  He then asked if I would like to wait, or pick it
up in an hour or so (after all, they do close at 3:30).  I stuttered a bit
and asked if he really meant the same day, to which the reply was "oh yeah,
our service tech is really good..."  To make a long story short, I came back
in an hour and it was repaired...no hassles, no forms, no cost and not even
a requirement to present proof of purchase.

THAT is what I call service and Airtronics has a customer for a very long
time (assuming, of course, that malfunctions don't lawn-dart too many more
gliders).

Tom