Are we talking braided or mono line?

I've never launched off braided line, but I understand
there's a big difference in the best technique due to
the lack of stretch.

There is also a difference in technique between a F3B
winch launch using mono and a 2-man F3J tow on mono.
The 2-man tow has much more power available and the contest
penalises time spent on tow, so the launch setups tend to
use less flap and more speed up the line. The combination
of the higher speed and shorter lines mean things happen
more quickly, which favours a shorter & shallower dive.

With mono on a F3B winch you definately want to push right
over to dive nearly straight down the line, and if you've
got the right line there's enough stretch that you have
the time to do so. It's still common to see people going
too steep or over diving, and this often leads to hooking
the chute (which is not good as it severely reduces the
launch height...).

Ciao - Chris

******
Chris Kaiser  (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Auckland,  NEW ZEALAND