On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Jim Monaco wrote:

>Other than the ability to store models at the PC or handheld and share them
>electronically, what good would a PC GUI be?  Do we actually think that you
>could set the parameters without actually seeing the effect on the control
>surfaces (and the flying)?  It seems to me that the geometry of all the
>linkages and the mounting of the servos makes it impractical to sit at a
>screen and get the desired results. As Mike L. said in another post, you
>would need detailed configuration data about the airplane and linkages to
>determine throws appropriately. I suppose you could do some screen thing
>that shows how the servos wiggle with different mixes and that might help
>learning to program, but it doesn't seem much more useful than sitting with
>the radio and the plane on and seeing what happens...

You have several good points here. Is there a way with any radio to have
PC input = radio output?

Or more interestingly: can you "demonstrate" proper control while in
"buddy box" mode, have the computer parse the input, then store it on both
the Tx and hard drive?

In other words,
1: pull rudder hard right, ailerons 4% left with sticks.

2: Tell computer "This is launch mode on Model 3".

3: Upload that launch mode to Flash ROM.

>I would like to see a PC interface to store models from the Stylus card to
>the hard drive and vice versa though.

The irritating thing here is that I can't afford (and don't have any real
use for) a radio of the caliber we're talking about.

Unless someone knows something I don't about where to get them less
expensively?

-J